Tuesday, November 3, 2009

James and the Giant Cookie

James is my 3 year old and he LOVES to help cook, especially cookies.
Whenever he sees me take out the mixer he knows we are going to cook
something yummy and he just has to help.He unwraps the 1 stick of butter and puts it in the bowl with 3/4 c. sugar and 3/4 c. brown sugar.
He likes to be the one to crack the 2 eggs and I put them into the bowl.

I've made this recipe so many times I don't even measure the 1 tsp. of vanilla.
James likes to help pour it in and I have my hand on the bottle or he'll
pour the whole thing in.




Then he adds the 2 cups of flour plus just a smidge more.
He turns the bowl while the mixer does its job.





His favorite part is adding the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
He makes sure there are plenty in the cookies.





I put them into the oven for him at 375 for 9-10 mins.





And here we have our favorite chocolated chip cookies. One day (when he's older) he
will be able to make these cookies all by himself and all I will have to do is eat them.








1 comment:

  1. Great to see you cooking James. You're making my favorite cookies too!

    Want to know an amazing trick about chocolate chip cookies? Good, I'm going to tell you. These will make the most mouth watering cookies everytime. Use the toll house cookie recipe (or any recipe really but thats the one I use)

    First do the eggs and beat them on high for 1-2 minutes until frothy

    Then add sugar and repeat the same

    Then add soft butter and repeat till its a consistent mixture (no beads of butter)

    then add everything else and if using the toll house recipe, add 1/2-3/4 cup flour.

    Cook like normal. These taste best once cooled off and will stay soft FOREVER.

    Seriously, try it and you'll never want to eat anything else in your life again. =)

    ReplyDelete