Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Brunch

As tasty and as fun as all other recipes have been, I decided to go back to basics, like the cheese tortilla and grilled cheese sandwich. They like starting out with simple things.
Scott wanted to learn how to make "sunny eggs", as he calls them, since it's his favorite way to eat an egg. In the past when he would crack an egg and try to break it apart over a pan, he would end up getting nervous and crushing the egg. But with a little practice he is doing much better.
(The meat cooking next to the eggs is a combination of homemade pork sausage and caribou sausage. Delicious!)
He even flips the egg by himself. This also took some practice.Great flipping doesn't happen all the time. His dad jumped in to help.


Emma helps out with Sunday Brunch by making waffles. Again we are back to basics, something simple. She does very well. I helped mix the batter and she took it from there.


I even taught her to scrape the bottom of the measuring cup on the edge of the bowl to help prevent a bunch of dripping across the counter. Along with the cooking, I would like my kids to learn about clean-as-you-go in the kitchen for easier clean up when you are done.
(And then I don't have to do it.)



She was a little nervous about taking the waffle off the hot iron but she got over it quickly.



I can't wait until they can do this by themselves. I sometimes imagine that I am doing what I want to do when I hear the words, "Dinner/Lunch/Breakfast is ready, mom!"




No comments:

Post a Comment