Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Learning Curve

My kids LOVE macaroni & cheese. We store our Mac & Cheese in the basement. When I
am ready to start dinner or lunch I send James (3) downstairs to get a box.
On this particular occasion he came upstairs with 3 boxes of Mac & Cheese in his
arms. He told me since he was 3-years-old he needs 3 boxes. I told him we would make
just one for now. Once the water started to boil both him and Emma(9) wanted to pour the
macaroni in. I told Emma she could do the second box if we needed it. I left to help Rachel
at the piano. Some minutes later I started smelling a smell I shouldn't have been smelling.
I found my 2-quart sauce pan full of macaroni with no water left over. I called Emma in and
third opened box. I asked her about it. She said she didn't do it. I asked James and he said
he did. So my 2-quart sauce pan had 3 boxes of Mac & Cheese and no water. James said hewas 3 years old and needed 3 boxes of Mac & Cheese, he reminded me.
I saved most of the macaroni and had to throw away the burned bits.
Kids can be helpful in the kitchen. Every once in a while they throw you a
curve ball and you scramble to catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment